June 18, 2012

Pokepark Wii: Pikachu’s Misadventure

Pokepark Wii: Pikachu’s Misadventure

Written by: TheGlitched64

Unfinished



            I have always been a fan of the Pokemon series. The games, the anime, the cards, all of it. However two weeks ago my love for Pokemon was severely shaken when I got a copy of Pokepark Wii: Pikachu’s adventure. I got it from what I thought at the time was a trust worthy store. EB Games, the… I suppose Aussie equivalent to Game Stop, Game or your big chain video game store. It looked like an ordinary, run of the mill copy in every way and I couldn't wait to play it. Pokepark Wii 2 had come out and I never had played the first game so, I was excited to check it out. However, when I did, I found anything but an ordinary copy of the game.


            The games boot-up screen on the Wii was a happy smiling Pikachu that cried “Pika Piika! Pi!” and the game started out normally. The intro as the nice stylish trasition from the colourless town to the vibrant park, and the pre-rendered cut scenes played out nicely. The tutorial level came up, and I impatiently sped past all of Chatot’s dialogue as I am a speed reader and text always goes too slow in games. Eventually I did all the tutorial tasks, moved the snorlax blocking the entrance to the main game and exited. Excited to see the meat of the game… This was very misplaced excitement.


The second I walked it, the atmosphere was very eerie. It probably had a lot to do with the music. It was distorted. Backwards.I figured this was all just a by-product of the antagonists’ entrance, and then it would go back to normal. However, it only got worse from here.

[I could not find the rest of the story so it is still UNFINISHED]