February 21, 2016

So.. There is a Woman Standing in my backyard (Part 2/3)

So… There is a Woman Standing in My Backyard - Part 2
By Mike “TheGlitched64” Stephenson

So, it has been a few days. I wish I could of had an update out sooner but… it’s been really crazy around here. I fell asleep around four hours after I posted out what had happened. When I woke up I was extremely groggy and I went out the front door and down the steps to check the mail before I remembered why I was waking up at such an odd hour. Well, I say “remembered” when in reality the reason was standing right in front of me. At this point I had three options: act on instinct and attack it, run away, or say hi and hope those aren’t my last words (because that would be a very boring quote for the tombstone.)
Despite every fibre of my rational brain telling me otherwise I just stared at it and said “Hey, can I help you?” to which the woman just stood there, her expression didn’t change. Honestly that was creepier to me than if it did so I backed away inside and locked the door and went back to my room where, through the broken blinds I could see, she was staring at me through the window… in the backyard.
So, from that point I taped cardboard to the windows so there were no cracks, started drinking and reading some of the things you guys suggested on my last post. I did not want to call the police again so soon for the same thing just for her to run off again because… well we’ve all read “The boy that cried wolf” and I think the cops would probably think I fit that description to a T. I decided that there is no way I would let this go on long enough to go out and get any food or anything. I asked work if I could take the rest of the week off (unpaid… I need to save those leave hours) from work on the grounds that I was very sick. If it took longer than a week I was just going to go out there and let whatever happens, happen. So I was still left with two options. Attack it or… I guess investigate it.
My neighbours, they seem to all have kids that love playing outside. I was kind of considering going out there and asking the parents there if they could see anyone apart from me in the backyard. At one point during the day one of the kids kicked a ball over the fence. I thought now might be a good time to get someone's attention without it being awkward. I went outside to look for the ball that I definitely heard bounce against my wall but, it was gone. My neighbour popped his head over the fence, asking if I could toss back his kid’s ball but… I couldn’t find it. I big, bright blue ball, according to the dad but I couldn’t see it. Or the woman. My neighbour gave me an annoyed looks and a few words before I suggested it might have fallen over the other neighbours fence. I knew it was a lie but I also knew that he was not going to believe my theory. That a woman apparently only I can see took the ball in the second noone was looking and ran with it like an overly excitable but untrained fucking puppy.
I saw something funny on the news that night. They found a missing woman alive and well (not often enough do you hear of a missing person’s safe return) but, she looked so much like the woman who has been stalking me. I mean, not close enough to look like sisters of anything but the same brown hair, brown eyes, facial structure and even clothes. Black shirt and pants. I mean I know it’s not related at all but, I found it kind of amusing. At this point I was opening my mind up to more illogical conclusions. Like this wasn’t actually a living, breathing woman standing in my backyard?
I tried to find my old sort of CCTV that I had and come nightfall I had found it. I tried to get footage of the woman but, when I went back to the window, she was gone again. I’ll still post the video up but… there’s nothing there unless you have an odd appreciate for 90s security cameras… I dunno, maybe you’ll see something I didn’t? Although I did notice that, with the camera there for good, she didn’t come back, not to that window at least. I didn’t feel safer though. She was at the window on the other side.
The next day I saw a message that said maybe this thing is not an evil spirit or homicidal maniac but a protector of some sort. Or a guardian. I reflected on this and my situation for a while before deciding to just go outside upon sunrise.
Well, I don’t really know what I was expecting but when sunrise came, I went to my front door, she was so close to it she was almost pressed against it, and I opened the door. To my surprise, she wouldn’t actually come inside. I left the door open and stepped back some but she still did not move past the doorway. I walked back up to her and asked her what she wanted from me and… I am still in shock… this image, I want it the fuck out of my head.
She smiled. Smirked at first but then smiled. She smiled wide, and locked eyes with me, before raising her hand up, and smashing the porch light with her bare fist, keeping eye contact and smiling the whole. Fucking. Time. She brought her bloody hand back down to her side and stayed in the doorway. I slowly closed the door in her face. Took a step back, breathed deeply and screamed. Very loudly. So… I don’t know what to do and now I am freaked out. I spent the last two days drinking and making sure all the windows were blacked out, and the doors locked.
I don’t think I will ever get that fucking smile out of my head...


UPDATE 2: It's the night after and I heard some noises from the side of my house. I set the camera up and left for about 20 minutes and this time... stuff actually happened... not... anything I can explain but... something:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt4RrBgHoKU [Please note that I cut out 6 minutes between me locking the door and the first noise because nothing happened.]