February 18, 2016

So... There is a Woman Standing in my Backyard (Part 1/3)

So… there is a woman standing in my backyard
By Mike “TheGlitched64” Stephenson


This all feels like some kind of insane dream. Maybe it is, and I will wake up realizing I wasted my time dreaming i’m in front of my computer typing all of this out to an audience of no-one. But regardless, I do need to get this out there because… I don’t know what to do.


At about 1:30am I was just sitting on my couch, playing games and listening to a youtube video as usual when I heard a strange snarling sound. I paused to the video to see if it was just in the background of it or if the noise had really come from here. I hear it again, the same snarling/growling noise. Anyone who lives in suburban Australia will tell you possums are a common occurance and I could pinpoint the sound of one when I heard it. I went outside to check, as my cat often gets in fights with the buggers and comes back all scratched up.


As I got outside, the only light being from my phone’s flashlight and the dim outside light that barely extended past the back porch, I walked towards the shed and saw in fact, there was a possum on the fence. But, it wasn’t snarling at my cat, it was staring at... her. A woman, facing the shed, back turned to me. Normally this wouldn’t frighten me but there was a random woman in my backyard. I freaked, placed my hand over my mouth to stop from making a noise and I moved backwards as quietly as I could, not breaking sight of this woman I got to the door and opened it without her moving. I turned all the lights off and sat in the living room, after a minute I decided to call the police, who arrived at 2:05am. They investigated and found no woman on my property. I gave a description of the woman as best I could and they said they would look into it before driving off.


About half an hour later I heard skittering and scratching on my roof. Normally again, something I disregard as possums, birds, rats, whatever, I now got paranoid about, so, I grabbed my phone again and went outside. I hopped up on some spare pavement tiles we had, and from those to the air con unit. As soon as I got within line of sight to the guttering on the roof I saw the woman. Staring straight at me. Her eyes and mouth showing no emotion. She looked pretty out of it. Seeing her anytime of day in any other place I would of guessed she was on something but this late at night on my roof, my brain didn’t work. I freaked and jumped (or rather fell down) off the Air conditioning unit and sprinted for the door slamming it shut behind me and pressing my back against it like I was bracing the Goddamn fort.


I stood there for a good ten minutes  before calming down. I looked out the screen door and saw noone. I breathed a sigh of relieve and tried to calm down by going back to my room to play my games again. However at 4:12 am, curiosity got the better of me and I peered outside my window. The woman is still there. And she is facing towards my window.


I’ve been holding a staring contest with her until I noticed the sun rise, I looked down at my watch, saw it was 8:15am and now she is inches away from my window. Just sort of… standing there… not threatening… just sort of staring blankly at me, like a dog that wants food or something but...still not moving. I don’t know what to do but what I do know is I am calling in and telling work I can’t come today. I am not going outside… but I can’t stay inside forever.

Author’s Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGlitched64Reads2