March 09, 2016

The Human Condition 2: Will To Live

The Human Condition 2: Will To Live
Written by: Mike “TheGlitched64” Stephenson


I promised this story would come out a while back, and no, I have not forgotten. As proof I haven't forgotten, here is the first third of the story, just so people know it is real and I am working on it.


I have always been interested in experiments of the human morale or their instinctual urge. Unfortunately I seldom take the time to document these experiments on paper, but rather leave all results in my head. This was back when I did not want to leave evidence of what I have done here. But I no longer care for life, she bores me and it is time to move on, and answer for myself that age old question; is there life after death?


            I attempted, many years ago, documenting an experiment. I was only seventeen at the time, but my experiments were well into their second or third year by that point. Now that I am twenty-two, and already seen what life has to offer me I would like to leave some sort of record of my time here.


            My first recorded experiment, as some might read, was the mother/child condition, which tested the selfishness of a mother's love. But today I bring you a different experiment. This experiment, hypothesizes that every single human being has one thing they live for, above all others, and finding this one thing, can dissolve the human condition to keep on living. How much or what can a person lose, and still hang on, and want to live? Obviously a question so vague and loaded, will require a testing pool much larger than that of the mother/child condition, where in I failed to omit the personal pleasure I got from the children left behind. But of course, there is no proof of those action, nor are there of any actions.


            This experiment needs a lot more knowledge of the victim than the last, as one must have more knowledge on their victim than “Does [person A] have a son or daughter?” I must stalk a victim for days upon days upon weeks to get the information I need. And once they meet all the criteria I need them to, I take them, and they wake up in the same cold storage room, in the same cold chair.


            Like any test, we start things off slow and move our way up. I leave the kidnapped man or woman with their thoughts for a day before basic physical torture, chains, nails, car batteries, soldering irons, planks of wood, abnormal insertions, battery, scalpels… I could go on and on. I do not feed them and they only get 300ml of water a day, to ensure they don’t die of dehydration, especially through the excess of sweat they excrete through the stress, pain and warm climate. By day three I stop this and ask them a simple question. “Do you want to continue living?” In my test pool of fifty people, forty-nine said yes. I would consider this one woman an outlier, I clearly picked someone good at hiding her suicidal tendencies… I also didn’t account for the two men and one woman who found great pleasure in my torture… but I digress. On the fourth day, they are fed, watered, and moved on to stage 2.